If you’re like most people in Havertown you probably associate wintertime with family gatherings, sledding, bare trees, holiday music on heavy rotation and steaming mugs of hot cocoa (preferably with those tiny marshmallows and a healthy dollop of whipped cream). Did you also know that winter is the perfect time to undergo that plastic surgery procedure you’ve been contemplating?
Benefits of Plastic Surgery in the Winter
If you’re considering plastic surgery in order to improve your appearance and restore your self-confidence, winter is the ideal time to schedule an appointment. Why? Because:
- You’ll miss less work. It’s the holiday season, which means most companies provide you with plenty of days off including Thanksgiving (and the day after), Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Additionally, many people choose to take PTO or vacation days in order to maximize their time off. Undergoing a plastic surgery procedure now means you can take fewer days off and miss less work – and experience a smaller impact on your finances, as well.
- Scars are easier to conceal when you’re bundled up. A few scars are inevitable following any cosmetic or plastic surgery procedure, and these can leave you feeling a tad self-conscious. This is where you can reap the benefits of cold weather: in the winter months you are more likely to dress in layers and bundle up from the chill. Coats, scarves and ski caps provide great camouflage in hiding bandages, scars and bruises from others.
- You’ll probably stay indoors anyway. Unless you indulge in outdoor winter sports or simply enjoy the thrill of narrowly avoiding frostbite, you’ll probably spend lots of time indoors during the coldest months of the year. A plastic surgery procedure in December, January or February gives you an opportunity to relax on your couch and catch up on that Netflix series you’ve been meaning to check out for some time.
- Plastic surgery is a great gift. If you’re the type of person who people have trouble shopping for, plastic surgery is an innovative gift to add to your wish list. Feel funny asking family members to spring for a new nose or Botox injections? Treat yourself! Especially if Santa has tucked a few extra dollars inside your stocking.
- A fresh start to the new year. Even if you don’t make an official list of New Year’s resolutions, you’re probably still looking at the new year as an opportunity to make a change. Plastic surgery provides you with a fresh start and renewed confidence. And unlike that gym membership that probably won’t last through the end of January, it’s the gift that keeps on giving!
Contact your Havertown plastic surgeon today for more information.